Open Door is an early learning campus (both preschool and kindergarten) special education school near Lansdowne, VA for children ages 2-7 years. We believe that children learn by exploring and we specialize in creating a hands-on learning experience for all of our students. Our teachers are able to develop a child’s skills in their natural environment and further develop and enhance these skills with classroom instruction.
Our program near Lansdowne, VA includes:
- Year-round, Full-Day (8:30am-3:30pm) Preschool and Kindergarten Program near Lansdowne, VA
- School-year, Half-Day (9am-12pm) Preschool Program near Lansdowne, VA
- Upon availability, Part-Time schedules available (Tues/Thurs & Mon/Wed/Fri)
- Reduced Teacher-to-Student Ratio (1:6)
- Hands-on Learning
- S.T.E.M. Education (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Art & Music Enrichment
- Multi-cultural Themes
- Prescreening for best placement
- Individual Lesson Plans
- Inclusive Classrooms
- Thematic Curriculum
- Evidence-based practices (i.e. ABA, Verbal Behavior, Preschool Life Skills, etc.)
- Kindergarten VA SOL Standards Curriculum
- 2-5 year old VA Learning Blocks Standards Curriculum
- Quarterly Progress Reports & Report Cards
Our preschool program and special education school near Lansdowne, VA prepares children for kindergarten in many ways. Our teachers individually assess each student in the following areas:
- Verbal Behavior/Communication
- Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Activities of Daily Living/Self-Management
- Pre-Reading and Basic Math Concepts
- Social Skills
- Fine and Gross Motor Development
Our teachers create weekly lesson plans structured around thematic activities ranging from:
- Community Helpers
- Staying Healthy
It can be difficult to weigh all the options for your child’s education. With such an important decision to be made we want you to have peace of mind with your child in our care! At Open Door we believe in family. Our children, parents and teachers are part of that family. Our common goal is working together to enrich the life of your child.
The Open Door Learning Center near Lansdowne, VA is a caring educational community founded in coordination with The Arc of Loudoun. Open Door’s mission is focused on improving preschool services throughout Loudoun County. Its founders aimed to provide an affordable preschool, providing best practice for students age 2-7, including typically developing children as well as those with autism and related disabilities. Our innovative approach, small group teaching, reduced teacher-to-student ratio (typically 1:6) and our passion to help children of all abilities excel in everything they do.
At Open Door, we believe that a hands-on, child-centered environment can encourage a child’s progress. Our teachers recognize opportunities to teach skills in the child’s natural environment and further enhance these skills with classroom instructions. Our campus is filled with creative learning centers that make your child’s surroundings an inviting teaching atmosphere.
**Open Door Learning Center near Lansdowne, VA is recognized by the AdvancED Accreditation Commission as a nationally accredited AdvancED Virginia school.
special education schools leesburg | special needs schools leesburg va | special needs preschool leesburg | full day preschool leesburg | special education center | special education school loudoun county | special education school purcellville | special education school hamilton | special education school lansdowne | special education school south riding