Open Door Learning Center knows how important outdoor playtime is to developing children. It is our goal to build a playground that is accessible to ALL students and engages sensory movement. We need your help to make this dream a reality!
ODLC’s DREAM PLAYGROUND is split up into two phrases.
PHASE 1: COMPLETE!
On Friday, June 12, Open Door Learning Center (ODLC) officially open its accessible playground during the preschool graduation program. The first phase of the accessible and inclusive playground was designed for children with and without developmental disabilities. The equipment was specifically chosen to incorporate different kinds of sensory movements: spinning, rocking, swinging, which are both calming and stimulating activities for children with developmental disabilities.
With the help of parents of ODLC students past and present, The Nicholas Blanco Foundation and the Meil Family Foundation in addition to many supporters from the greater community we turned…
PHASE 2: We need your help!
The second part of our playground looks like this right now…
We want to transform it into an accessible, vibrant space to play and enjoy the outdoors!
Help us finish the next last phase of our DREAM playground and
How to Donate (online):
- Click on the DONATE button
- Choose the amount you would like to donate
- Go to the section: “If you have a special purpose for your donation, please let us know.” and select OPEN DOOR LEARNING CENTER
How to Donate (by check):
- Please make checks payable to: Open Door Learning Center
- Send or drop off checks to Christine Favreaux, ODLC Administrative Director, at 601 Catoctin Circle, NE, Leesburg, VA 20176
Your donation will be matched dollar-for-dollar by The Meil Family Foundation!
THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR DREAM PLAYGROUND BECOME A REALITY!